Site5

Menu

Support Forums

Veecard Resume SOS

Home Forums Veecard Veecard Resume SOS

Tagged: 

This topic contains 23 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  liuchunkai 1 day, 21 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

mwilsonuk
    Participant

Hi,

Can anyone out there help me, I need some urgent help with the Veecard Resume feature??

I’ve tried before in this forum to ask for support and help from the theme dev but didn’t get anywhere and I know that other user have had a the same problem with not being able to sort the repeatable custom fields in the Resume experience, skills and education sections.

My main issue is that I have 2 websites using this theme and every time a new job experience is added it moves to the bottom of the list of job experience’s and I have to manually re-add all the other jobs to bring the last one back to the top of the page which is painful.

These field are supposed to be sortable by using your mouse but this definitely doesn’t work I’ve tried various keyboard and mouse combinations but never with any success.

Even if the newest job added moved to the top of the listed item this would at least help and stop having to re-add all the other items again?

I’ve now noticed that on of my site is now unable to edit existing published job experiences or add new one’s since upgrading to WordPress 3.8, I also get a lot of .php errors being generated from this theme?

Sorry to have to whine on but I’m getting desperate is there anyone out there who’s had this issue and resolved it or might be able to shed some light on this or may be help?

Many thanks
    Martin

Guido
    Participant

Hi,

I use WP 3.8 too but don’t have problems.
    Also I don’t understand how you re-order resume by using mouse? As far as I know the resume works like the regular WP posts, you can only re-order them by adding a number to them. Or do you mean re-ordering them via the WP menu page? This also works like ‘normal’ pages, if you add one it’s displayed on bottom and you should manually relocated it. Or maybe we don’t understand each other?

Have emaple URL?
    And which php errors are you getting?

Guido

mwilsonuk
    Participant

Hi Guido,

Thanks for the reply.

I mean the repeatable fields when you build out the resume in the admin area.

You enter your jobs info into the fields like Job Title, Job Description, Start and End date etc, then you save and enter a new job with the same fields to build you list of jobs history in the resume.

My problem is that you are supposed to be able to sort these job by drag and drop in the admin area, when you enter a new job it goes to the bottom but you alway would want it show at the top of the page as this is your latest job position. I have no way of doing this and I have to enter the latest job followed by the other in order of history to push the latest job to the top of the list. There is no way as far had I can see to add a number to be able to sort not do they sort in date order as posts usually do in wordpress last added show first.

If want any more info or the .php error log I can PM you?

Cheers
    Martin

Guido
    Participant

Aha, I understand now! No, that’s not working here either. Did not find the script inside this theme that creates this function yet, did you?

What’s the php error? Sometimes you can find your answer via Google..

Guido

mwilsonuk
    Participant

Hi Guido,

The scripts that seems to control these custom repeatable fields is in themes/veecard/admin/meta-box-class.php & meta-box-set-up.php and also in themes/veecard/admin/js/meta-box.js

I believe is possibly a javascript issue?

Cheers
    Martin

Guido
    Participant

Think so, I have found new version of the meta-box files (3x):
    https://github.com/bainternet/My-Meta-Box/

You need to update 3 files (2 php and 1 js): meta-box-setup, meta-box-class, meta-box

When I compare both version of those 3 files, I notice lots of changes 🙁
    Guess you can overwrite 2 of the 3 files. But file meta-box-setup contains all variables like Full Name, Address, etc. You should change all variables in that file.

Guido

mwilsonuk
    Participant

Hi Guido,

Thanks for you help with this, I downloaded the updated files from Github and after looking at the differences and changes uploaded them to one of my site but I’m afraid that they didn’t work.

My other site that uses Veecard won’t even let me create a new experience item or skill item etc when I used the add new button.

I wish the theme developers would help us out with this or at least try and shed some light on the problem?

Great looking themes but Veecard hasn’t updated for over a year and I’m afraid it’s full of bugs just wish I’d known that before building 2 site with it.

Cheers
    Martin

Guido
    Participant

It’s a little bit of code in js file meta-box called ‘repeater sortable’, that’s doing the sorting of fields.

In new version of that file it’s gone. Did find some code about it but totally different from old version of file.

Guido

josh1gh
    Participant

Hi

I am developing a website using the veecard theme. I have a couple of awards that I wish to add to the resume page, however there are no fields to add awards. Can someone please give me a step by step approach to adding the awards fields. I would want to add it after the education part. And I want the structure of the field to be like that of education.
    That is; Date and Name of Award

Thanks

Guido
    Participant

That will take some time and is difficult to do in this forum because I must add quite some code here..

But I can do that, no problem.. 2 files should be adjusted: single-resume and meta-box-setup

Guido

josh1gh
    Participant

I will be very happy if you take me through the process with the codes.

Josh

Guido
    Participant

Hi,

Guess the best thing to do is to give you a link to both files.
    But this will only work if you did not adjust both files yourself.

Download both files here, and replace your files.

http://www.webmastergroningen.nl/awards.zip

Please let me know if it works for you 🙂

Guido

josh1gh
    Participant

Hello Guido,

Thanks a lot.

I tried it and it worked fine.

You are the best 🙂

Josh

Guido
    Participant

Great!
    I appreciate it if you review one of my Themes on WordPress.org: http://profiles.wordpress.org/guido07111975

Guido

wale1981
    Participant

Hello Guido, I am having a problem with the My resume page. I have filled out my experience and co on the resume page but it would not show on the after clicking on MY RESUME on the menu. It was saying 404 not found. I don’t know why. I have tried troubleshooting many times, but I didn’t get anywhere. Your help will be much appreciated please.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.