Site5

Menu

Support Forums

Twitter Footer Feed Not Working

Home Forums Boldy Twitter Footer Feed Not Working

This topic contains 50 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  chenlixiang 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author

janez67

me too. The same problem also with a new code. please help me.

LilbizPro

I am having difficulty with the replacement code as well. This forum has no admin. I will be better off switching themes. It’s a shame. Other than this problem and the constant fake signups, this was a nice looking theme.

tctmackey

Site5 – Boldy is a wonderful theme and many people love it for their site, but a broken twitter feed renders the home screen USELESS. Could someone please take 5 minutes and look into what is causing this recurring problem?

Please?

tctmackey

Boldy’s twitter feed is still not working…

Trax

Its because twitter have updated there api and made a lot of changes to the new version.

Contato

Friends, get it to work!!

The twitter a few days brings changed its API, leaving millions of websites without running your feeds, so I decided to study some new API along with a few tutorials I’ve seen on the web can get to these codes, I’ll try to make it as simple as possible for not too much hassle.
    01 – First we download these files containing the new twitter API and save to our WordPress theme, no need to move these files because they are already configured. Click here

02 – Once you have downloaded the files we copy the code below and color where you want to list your tweets, pay close attention because the variables before taking a f5 and see if it will work follow the link to create an application on your twitter account dev.twitter.com/apps/

03 – Now you must go to your site/blog wordpress and do the following.

Appearance -> Editor -> footer.php

Below the line 104 (<div id=”twitter”>), paste this code and make the necessary changes:

<?php
    require_once('twitteroauth.php'); //Path to twitteroauth library

$twitteruser = "xxxxx"; //Put here your twitter username
    $notweets = x; // Here is the number of tweets you want listed
    $consumerkey = "xxxxxxxxxxxx"; //Put here your consumer key
    $consumersecret = "xxxxxxxxxxx"; // Put here your secret consumer
    $accesstoken = "xxxxxxxxxx"; // Put here your token
    $accesstokensecret = "xxxxxxxxxxxx"; //Put here your token secret

function getConnectionWithAccessToken($cons_key, $cons_secret, $oauth_token, $oauth_token_secret) {
    $connection = new TwitterOAuth($cons_key, $cons_secret, $oauth_token, $oauth_token_secret);
    return $connection;
    }

$connection = getConnectionWithAccessToken($consumerkey, $consumersecret, $accesstoken, $accesstokensecret);

$tweets = $connection->get("https://api.twitter.com/1.1/statuses/user_timeline.json?screen_name=".$twitteruser."&count=".$notweets);
    ?>

Below the div (<div id=”twitter_update_list”> </ div>) paste the following code:

<?php echo $tweets[0]->text; ?>

04 – Once you have created your application on twitter, you must change the variables $ consumerkey, consumersecret $, $ accesstoken, $ accesstokensecret
    copying and pasting the code provided by twitter, this way you are allowing access to your feeds.

05 – Ready now be running.

mikmatcr

Friends, get it to work!!

The twitter a few days brings changed its API, leaving millions of websites without running your feeds, so I decided to study some new API along with a few tutorials I’ve seen on the web can get to these codes, I’ll try to make it as simple as possible for not too much hassle.
    01 – First we download these files containing the new twitter API and save to our WordPress theme, no need to move these files because they are already configured. Click here

02 – Once you have downloaded the files we copy the code below and color where you want to list your tweets, pay close attention because the variables before taking a f5 and see if it will work follow the link to create an application on your twitter account dev.twitter.com/apps/

03 – Now you must go to your site/blog wordpress and do the following.

Appearance -> Editor -> footer.php

Below the line 104 (<div id=”twitter”>), paste this code and make the necessary changes:

<?php
    require_once(‘twitteroauth.php’); //Path to twitteroauth library

$twitteruser = “xxxxx”; //Put here your twitter username
    $notweets = x; // Here is the number of tweets you want listed
    $consumerkey = “xxxxxxxxxxxx”; //Put here your consumer key
    $consumersecret = “xxxxxxxxxxx”; // Put here your secret consumer
    $accesstoken = “xxxxxxxxxx”; // Put here your token
    $accesstokensecret = “xxxxxxxxxxxx”; //Put here your token secret

function getConnectionWithAccessToken($cons_key, $cons_secret, $oauth_token, $oauth_token_secret) {
    $connection = new TwitterOAuth($cons_key, $cons_secret, $oauth_token, $oauth_token_secret);
    return $connection;
    }

$connection = getConnectionWithAccessToken($consumerkey, $consumersecret, $accesstoken, $accesstokensecret);

$tweets = $connection->get(“https://api.twitter.com/1.1/statuses/user_timeline.json?screen_name=&quot;.$twitteruser.”&count=”.$notweets);
    ?>

Below the div (<div id=”twitter_update_list”> </ div>) paste the following code:

<?php echo $tweets[0]->text; ?>

04 – Once you have created your application on twitter, you must change the variables $ consumerkey, consumersecret $, $ accesstoken, $ accesstokensecret
    copying and pasting the code provided by twitter, this way you are allowing access to your feeds.

05 – Ready now be running.

I tried this way and it does not work, I get error

funkblogjob

Error in line 124
    is this line

$tweets = $connection->get(“https://api.twitter.com/1.1/statuses/user_timeline.json?screen_name=".$twitteruser.”&count=”.$notweets);
    ?>

???

alexramsland
    Participant

Tried all of the above and still not working, any suggestions?

See my site http://www.alexweb.no and please let me know what I do wrong.

Alex

Contato

friend alexramsland, your site is working, how did you do that?

nawras87n

Contato
    Wow i really thank you
    May God bless you
    after lots of searching and hard working i found your solution and it really worked!!

you only have a little code mistake which is instead of :
    $tweets = $connection->get(“https://api.twitter.com/1.1/statuses/user_timeline.json?screen_name=&quot;.$twitteruser.”&count=”.$notweets);
    replace with:
    $tweets = $connection->get(“https://api.twitter.com/1.1/statuses/user_timeline.json?screen_name=&quot&#8221;.$twitteruser.”&count=”.$notweets);

p.s for beginners if you copy paste the code rewrite all the “and ‘
    so you wont have problems

and for alttuts theme you just do the same but instead of putting the code in the footer you put it in sidebar.php

again God bless you Contato

Contato

Good day friend nawras87n,

thank you for your comment, I’m very happy to help agredito that errors occur because I am Brazilian and wrong translating into English. I implemented a few things after that, you can take a look at my site and see what I did, I think you’ll like. http://www.expoinvestimentos.com.br

Again thank you and God bless you too.

sbogdan
    Participant

Trying to get this to work as well, but running into problems.

My slider does not load, and the footer does not display at all after I change the footer.php file with the above code changes.

I was also confused as to how you get the consumer key and toke date to change in the code. That wasn’t clear to me as well. Did something “pop up” the first time you load the page that made the call to twitter for that information? Could someone clarify.

And just to confirm the two .php files in the twitteroauth.zip file are just saved into the /wp-content/themes/boldy folder correct?

Thank you!
    Scott

sbogdan
    Participant

Still having trouble, but did figure out where you get all of the token data from the twitter dev site.

Placed that information into the code snippet from above, but same problem where the slider images hang and no twitter/quick connect load when the code is in there.

Any ideas?

sanwa1169
    Participant

最新バージョンを使用しているが動作しません

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.