Site5

Menu

Support Forums

Slider & Portfolio images do not upload?

Home Forums SimpleBright Slider & Portfolio images do not upload?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 26 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  chanyuan 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

dantipple
    Participant

Help please! I’m using the simplebright theme and everything works fine with the exception of the slider and portfolio images… I’ve created the required correct sizes however when I select ‘insert into post’ the box closes but no image is attached to the page?

I’ve looked around the forums but could not see one with the same issue as me.

bsahin
    Keymaster

Hey Please check your uploading process step by step. By the way which browser do you using ? IE ? opera ? FF ? Normally if you follow the upload process and then click “insert into post” should work. Please can you give me more details please ? for example you used: image size, browser, etc.

dantipple
    Participant

Hi Thanks for your reply, I’m using chrome browser… I’ve done a little more work and I can now get the images to upload but they don’t display.

What I’ve done is update the timthumb.php file and change the permissions of this file and the cache folder to 777. I’ve also added a line into the config file about defining the cache.

Can you help? The site is http://www.templemill.co.uk

Thanks in advance!!

bsahin
    Keymaster

Hey please use original timthumb.php what you have downloaded in simplenbright and then delete all cache folder contains (without index.html) and you need to change permissions index.html file to 0777. no need to change permissions timthumb.php to 0777. (please re-upload timthumb.php)

As far as I’ve seen, you slider image upload process is done and working but you can’t see this images on website frontend. I think this issue related with timthumb.php. Please follow my instructions above.

Thanks
    Bulent.

dantipple
    Participant

Hi Bulent,

I’ve reuploaded the timthumb.php file and emptied the cache folder (and sorted the permissions) – I’m still getting the none display of the images although the admin side is allowing me to attach images to the portfolio and slider posts.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

pippo80

Hi,

I have the same problem. The images are not displayed in the frontend.
    I created the cache directory that did not exist but doesn’t work.

bsahin
    Keymaster

Please can you try this solution for this :

1. please delete “cache” folder complatelly (and contains) and

2. recreate “cache” folder manually  and change permissions to 0777

3. upload a empty index.html and change permissions to 0777

Please let me know the results.

@dantipple

I saw your timthumb.php is not in the theme folder so it give me an “404 not found error”.

http://www.templemill.co.uk/wp-content/themes/simplenbright/timthumb.php?src=http://www.templemill.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/slide_detailing_960x345.jpg&h=345&w=960&zc=1"

slider images is ok :http://www.templemill.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/slide_detailing_960x345.jpg but timthumb not uploaded correctly.

dantipple
    Participant

Hi Bulent, thanks for you help again..

I’ve followed the three steps but I still have the same issue. The timthumb.php file is next to the cache folder within simplenbright directory with permissions set to 777?

I removed the line about defining the cache from the config.php file – should I add this back in?

Thanks for all your efforts

dantipple
    Participant

Bulent, I’m using cpanel for the site and I set the permissions to 777 but I’ve installed a wordpress theme to check the permissions and it states that the folder and php file are set to 750 – any ideas on this?

Thanks

Dan

bsahin
    Keymaster

Hey Dan; please change permissions to wp folder 775 and check all other folders too. I think timthumb not have write execution.

750 – The Owner may read, write and execute. The Group may read and execute. (but not write) The world may not do anything with this file.

755 – Same as above, but the world may now also read and execute the file.

NOTE: Also please try to connect your website via ftp client and try this ftp client too. (if cpanel didn’t set permissions correctly.)

You’re welcome.

pippo80

Hi,

I have found  solution: download the new timthumb.php file from google code:

http://code.google.com/p/timthumb/source/browse/trunk

and replace it in the theme folder.

dantipple
    Participant

@pippo80 – Hi, I tried to replace the file however this did not work for me, I assume its the permissions error.

@Bulent – when you say wp folder – do you mean the theme folder “simpleandbright”?

Thanks

bsahin
    Keymaster

@dantipple Hey yes I mean the all wp-content folder but please try again step by step:

1. first you set only simplenbright and cache folder
    2. If does not work, please try to change wp-content, themes, simplenbright folder.

dantipple
    Participant

Hi Bulent – I finally managed to access the server via ftp and changed the permissions to 755 and this worked!!

Thank you for all of your help!

bsahin
    Keymaster

Hey Dan; I’m glad you have success and solve the problem. You’re welcome. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.