Site5

Menu

Support Forums

Page Missing Sidebar

Home Forums Fall Page Missing Sidebar

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bsahin 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

wired4net
    Participant

Hello,
    would really like to get someone with WordPress experience to problem solve this Site5 issue with the non-displaying sidebar in static pages. I’ve tried to edit the .php code but think it might be in the .css code. Anybody interested to help figure this out?

Where are the Site5 technical people? Are they not capable of repairing the problem in an update possibly? Would like to contact someone but can’t seem to have attention paid to this matter.
    Wired4Net

bsahin
    Keymaster

Hey there, did you check Appearance / Widgets ? if you use at lest one widget there it will be shown on frontend. Also make sure you didn’t used the full page template.

shan2129
    Participant

I have the same problem. The sidebar shows up on posts, but not on pages. Please help.

bsahin
    Keymaster

Please follow my suggestion I’ve tested it and it works.

wired4net
    Participant

Hi, I am not able to get the same result with the copy I’ve downloaded and installed in my WordPress site. Everything looks OK but for some reason the sidebar doesn’t populate for pages, only posts. So I compared other themes’ and found a good page example. I copied it and using your theme’s custom .css and parts, pasted the portion that worked into the “page.php” in an editor and removed the contents and replaced it with this:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    <?php get_header(); ?>

<!– begin main –>
    <section class=”main”>

<!– begin .col-left –>
    <div class=”col-left”>

<?php if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>

<!– begin .post –>
    <article <?php post_class(); ?>>

<h1><?php the_title(); ?></h1>

<?php the_content(); ?>

<?php endwhile; ?>
    <?php comments_template(); ?>

</article>
    <!– end .post –>

<?php endif;?>

</div>
    <!– end colleft –>

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>

</section>
    <!– end main –>

<div class=”clear”></div>
    <?php get_footer(); ?>
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It now works great! Thanks for not solving the problem though. The theme is fantastic! please see the excellent work of my fix at: http://photoblog.cu.cc/

bsahin
    Keymaster

Hey I’m glad you’ve done with it yourself.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.