Site5

Menu

Support Forums

Not able to add new items to slider

Home Forums Boldy Not able to add new items to slider

Tagged: 

This topic contains 75 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  usteshot 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • Author

bsahin
    Keymaster

Hey John can you send me any snapshots for this issue ? Are you still on tablet ? Maybe you can continue to save without the see attached image fit on screen, if you define an image for each slider, maybe you can see them when editing.

Anonymous

Hello Bulent,

What do you want to see on the snapshots? If I click Add Media, select a image 960×370 from the library and click Insert Into Post, the image will not be shown and is not added to the new (or old) slider item.

I work on a Windows XP laptop with IE, Safari, Chrome and Mozilla. Which browser I use does n’t make a change. I also work on a iPad, still it doesn’t work.

I can not add images to new slider items and I can not change images of existing slider items. After selecting the image, via upload or library, the image will not be shown and added to the slider item.

When I save the new slider item, no image is attached, no thumbnail to see, and while editing this item no image will appear. It is just not attached.

I have no idea what is wrong.

gurdain

I have the same problem.

I was using the first version of Boldy up until today where I have HAD to update, because the newest WordPress has somehow wiped off the Theme Options tab. So now I have to rebuild my whole site settings again comparing to the old version and I can’t get the slide images to attach.

I can select it and it uploads but when I click Insert into Post, it goes back to the screen and no image shows up. When I publish it, it publishes without an image….

Anonymous

I’m having the excact same problem. I think I posted it for about 2-3 months ago – but it’s still not working!!!!! 🙁 … The only difference is that my design is based on simplecorp… If I can’t find a solution soon I’ll have to find a new theme provider and costumize it (again) 🙁

Theme base: simplecorp
    WP: 3.5.1
    Demo site at: http://heinebjerre.robertthomsen.dk/

Anonymous

PLEASE HELP!!! 🙁

bsahin
    Keymaster

Hey all,  I have tested on this issue but its working now on wordpress 3.5.1 and wp mu. Please deactivate the theme and update all files and then reactivate it again.  When I tested on IE9, IE8, IE7, FF, Opera, Safari, Chrome on Windows os. I have success with slider and other tools in “Boldy” and “Simplecorp”.

gurdain

I’ve just disabled it and am using a different plugin to handle the slides…I had a fresh install of the latest boldy and no matter what I tried in all the browsers, I couldn’t get the image to show up in the Add Media section before publishing…so I always had blank slides.

Anonymous

Hello Bulent,

I use WP 3.5.1-nl_NL and just deactivated the Boldy theme, updated all the files, reactivated the Boldy theme again and had to translate some lines again because the language file is not complete. But still I can not add images to a new slider item…

When Site5 updates the theme, can you add Youtube to the homepage social line?

gurdain

I added YouTube to mine by filling in the LinkedIn URL and then editing header.php so that the icon was a custom 32×32 youtube picture file.

If you are using all the social icons, then perhaps its a little more work…

bsahin
    Keymaster

Here is the, how to add new social icon to header:

1. open the header.php and paste this: http://pastie.org/pastes/6094108/text

2. open the admin/options/social.php and paste this: http://pastie.org/pastes/6094117/text

3. don’t forget the put youtube icon in to the “images/ico_youtube.png”

then its ready!.

Anonymous

Thanks Bulent, but is it possible to add this to the next update of Boldy? I rather not changes codes because of updates…

Anonymous

BTW

I can not change the line/text “Read more” on the homepage via the language file!

bsahin
    Keymaster

Hey @John we will consider your requests. Also you can change “Read More” part in home.php.

Anonymous

I did that Bulent, but with every update or fresh install because of slider problems ;o) I have to redo that…

Anonymous

Hey Bulent, did you figure out why I can’t add media to a new slider item?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.