Site5

Menu

Support Forums

How to make a text space?

Home Forums SimpleCorp How to make a text space?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 63 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  chanyuan 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • Author

adhityafernando
    Participant

Hi.
    I have a question.
    How to make a text space in blurb of homepage? (Theme option > homepage)
    Text on my blurb section is “Welcome to Adhitya Fernando | A journey of Dream come True”, I want to add more text but in next line. I want to add text “Work hard, work smart, work completely, work sincerely” in next line. Does it need code to make space? Because I already give “enter” to new line of that text. But it not works when I check my homage. The text which I want to add now appear in next line.

Does it need code like css or html? And what is the code for that?

Thanks in advance
    Adhitya

Guido
    Participant

adhityafernando
    Participant

Thank you Guido. It works.
    But now the space between line is too far, how I can make it a little closer?

adhityafernando
    Participant

The problem resolved, I try to search in google and find how to make it.
    I make this code: <p>Welcome to Adhitya Fernando | A journey of Dream come True<br />
    “Work hard, work smart, work completely, work sincerely”</p>
    It works.

adhityafernando
    Participant

Guido, you can now check my website (www.adhityafernando.com). Yesterday I contacted the server administrator, they said that they block acces from several country. But now my website (domain) is not blocked anymore, the set my domain into whitelist.
    Give me your comment about my website 🙂

adhityafernando
    Participant

Hi Guido, I visited your site a moment ago http://www.guidovanderleest.nl/ is it right?

Guido
    Participant

Great, yeah I can visit your site now! Did not knew hostingprovider can block a site for several countries only.

But in IE 9 I notice an issue with stylesheet, there’s no styling at all. Firefox and Chrome = no problem.

Guido

adhityafernando
    Participant

Great!
    Me also don’t know it before, I just ask them and fortunately they know what I meant.
    Oh ya, but I use firefox and chrome..

Guido, I thank you so much for your guidance so my website could established well.

Actually I have other problem, that is the tittle name that appear in upper tab of browser. For my homepage http://www.adhityafernando.com, the tittle that uppear in browser tab is “Official site of Adhitya Fernando | Success driven professional”. But for my blog posts page http://www.adhityafernando.com/blog-posts is appear the same tittle as my homepage. I’ve check the meta dan title, no problem at all. But I don’t know why is this happen jusf for this page. For other page they appear correctly like http://www.adhityafernando.com/contact, the tittle appeared in browser tab is “Contact | Adhitya Fernando”. For the Blog-Posts should be “Blog | Adhitya Fernando”, but it is don’t show like that. Do you know how to fix this?

Guido
    Participant

No idea why this happens. Try to change pagename (also permalink underneath pagename) and see what happens.

Don’t set a static blogpage in WordPress settings > Reading.

Guido

adhityafernando
    Participant

Thanks Guigo, I’ll try.

Then, I asking you about how to align text as justify in page and post?

adhityafernando
    Participant

Guido
    Participant

Depends which part of your site you want text to be justified.. I guess not whole your site needs to be justified?

Guido

adhityafernando
    Participant

I need to justify post and page. You know how to make it?

Guido
    Participant

Hi,

Theme Options > Custom CSS:

.entry-body{text-align:justify;}
    .page-body{text-align:justify;}

Guido

adhityafernando
    Participant

Guido, I can’t find where is theme option>custom css?
    Is it in appearance>edit css? or appearance>editor>custom.css.php? I’ve open both file but didn’t find entry-body{text-align:justify;}
    .page-body{text-align:justify;}

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.