Site5

Menu

Support Forums

How do I Update the theme?

Home Forums SimpleBright How do I Update the theme?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 19 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  liuchunkai 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

murdo
    Participant

The new version of the theme is out 1.03, I need to upgrade my vesion on my site but cannot see an easy way to do that. there is no update theme option in the theme that i can find. I tried downloading the zip file and installing that but I get the error message that the folders already exist. Ho can I update the theme? I’d like to avoid having my site hacked again.

Thanks.

richwahne
    Participant

I also need how to update SimplenBrite to 1.03 from 1.0?

In a related issue, when I updated WP to 3.5, the buttons stopped working; is that also taken care of in the Theme update?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by  richwahne.

murdo
    Participant

Maybe an FAQ on how to update the theme? I heard on another theme site (Photocrati) that the WordPress update is causing issues with various themes. Anyone? Anyone?

Cheers

Murdo

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by  murdo.

bazuin

On my site (with this theme) there were made some adjusments I didnt do myself so i think its an update or something, but now my portfolio page has a lightbox to display my images. Worst lightbox ever, i want to change it back but till this far i couldnt find anything.

bsahin
    Keymaster

@murdo you can see the changelog http://www.s5themes.com/changelogs/simplenbright.txt and update the theme files without any issue.

@richwahne which button buttons stopped working ? can you please explain more this issue.

@bazuin How was your web site look like? SimplenBright demo ( http://demo.s5themes.com/simplenbright/full-width-portfolio/ ) is same with your portfolio please explain clearly the issue.

Thanks All.

murdo
    Participant

Thanks but it seems to me the changelog tells me what files are updated, not how to update the theme on my site. Do I extract the files from the zipped theme file and then ftp to my site overwriting the old files?

Cheers

richwahne
    Participant

The buttons that stopped working, are the ones in the ShortCode section on the pages.  Before I updated my WP to 3.5, all of my SC buttons worked fine; now none of them work.  Where the button is supposed to be, all I see is the Label of what should be on the button.

#2 – What are the particular steps we need to take to update the theme?

bsahin
    Keymaster

@murdo ; I suggest to you these steps; If you didn’t change any file manually your side, you can overwrite the files via http://ftp.  If you changed some of the theme files before you update the theme please get back-up old files.

@richwahne I saw the wp 3,5 using button.css  <link rel=’stylesheet‘ id=’buttons-css‘ href=wp-includes/css/buttons.min.css?ver=3.5′ type=’text/css‘ media=’all‘ />  and this conflict with our button shortcode’s css file and this file affected the simplenbright button styles. for this issue please open the admin/inc/wphooks.php and find this line 36 :

wp_enqueue_style(‘buttons’, get_template_directory_uri().’/lib/shortcodes/css/buttons.css’); and change this with:

wp_enqueue_style(‘site5_buttons’, get_template_directory_uri().’/lib/shortcodes/css/buttons.css’);

after this small operation all buttons will be turn normal. We will update the fixed  theme version ass soon as possible.

Thanks.
    Bulent

richwahne
    Participant

Outstanding tip!  I change the line in the PHP file as you suggested – and the SC Buttons are working again.  Thanks!

bsahin
    Keymaster

@richwahne you’re welcome.

murdo
    Participant

Updated  Wordpress then the theme all seemed ok but the footer section is not appearing any more

http://cwrc.net/cms/wp/

any ideas?

bsahin
    Keymaster

@murdo can you check your footer.php or reupload it.  I have seen  “s” letter only on the footer. did you changed something in footer.php?

murdo
    Participant

Thanks that was the issue. When I uploaded the files I filtered by ones that had most recently changed assuming the new theme’s files would be more recent than the ones on my site, but I had changed the footer because of the font in the twitter widget being different from the other footers.

Thansk for your help

bsahin
    Keymaster

@murdo please read this topic: http://www.s5themes.com/forums/topic/twitter-widget-font-different/ . this will be helpfull for you.

olivia
    Participant

I upgrade wordpress and im having conflicts with the slider and with the dropdown menu . But i make lot of manual changes on the theme so im afraid to upgrade and miss something ….

is this fix on the new version ??? what do you recommend me to do .

Thanks

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by  olivia.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.