Site5

Menu

Support Forums

comments form problem

Home Forums SimpleCorp comments form problem

Tagged: 

This topic contains 22 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  davidparker3132 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

zanchit
    Participant

I have removed the ‘website’ input part of the comment form on my blog as felt it unnecessary, and have increased the size of the name of the name and email address to one third from one fourth. But now the word ‘message’ is sticking at the end of that column instead of sitting on top of the message box.

any advice on how i get it showing properly?

code showed below:

<?php else : ?>

<div class="one-third">
    		  <label for="author"><?php _e("Your Name ", "site5framework"); ?></label>
    		  <input class="text" type="text" name="author" id="author" value="<?php echo esc_attr($comment_author); ?>" tabindex="1" <?php if ($req) echo "aria-required='true'"; ?> />
    		</div>

<div class="one-third last">
    		  <label for="email"><?php _e("Your Email Address ", "site5framework"); ?></label>
    		  <input class="text" type="email" name="email" id="email" value="<?php echo esc_attr($comment_author_email); ?>" tabindex="2" <?php if ($req) echo "aria-required='true'"; ?> />
    		</div>

<!--		<div class="one-fourth last">
    		  <label for="url"><?php _e("Your Website ", "site5framework"); ?></label>
    		  <input class="text" type="url" name="url" id="url" value="<?php echo esc_attr($comment_author_url); ?>" tabindex="3" />
    		</div>
    -->	
    	<?php endif; ?>

<div class=""> 
    			<label for="comment"><?php _e("Message ", "site5framework"); ?></label> 
    			<textarea name="comment" id="comment" tabindex="4"></textarea>
    		</li>

<input name="submit" type="submit" id="submitcomment" class="button small green_grey round" tabindex="5" value="<?php _e("POST COMMENT", "site5framework"); ?>" />
    	  <?php comment_id_fields(); ?>

<?php do_action('comment_form', $post->ID); ?>
    	</div>
    	</form>

Guido
    Participant

Hi,

You should add a class to the message label so you can left align it:
    <label for="comment" class="message_label"><?php _e("Message ", "site5framework"); ?></label>

Theme Options > Custom css:
    .message_label { clear:left; }

This should work!

Guido

zanchit
    Participant

thanks, Guido. Works a treat.
    Happy Sunday!

zanchit
    Participant

Actually, while you’re online, Guido, do you think could you possibly try and post a comment on that page. I found it a rather laborious process when I tried to reply to a comment yesterday, which is when I realised you had to put the whole url including http:// to the website field.

thanks so much

Guido
    Participant

You have 2 sites, on which one should I post comment?

Guido

zanchit
    Participant

sorry!
    🙂

zanchit
    Participant

ahhh! won’t put the link in. http://www.rchittenden.co.uk/learning-to-draw-the-old-fashioned-way/
    lets try again

Guido
    Participant

Hi,

It does work, but because of the colour of input field it’s difficult to navigate…
    And avatar does not show, see this topic:
    http://www.s5themes.com/forums/topic/avatar-dont-show/

Guido

Guido
    Participant

Hi,

It does work, but because of the colour of input field it’s difficult to navigate…
    Also padding of inputfield is not nicely done by s5themes.

You can change layout via Theme Options > Custom CSS:

#commentform input[type=text], #commentform input[type=email], #commentform input[type=url] {width: 90%; padding:4%; background:#f8f8f8;}
    #commentform textarea  {width: 97%; padding:1%; background:#f8f8f8;}

I did add the url field too, just in case.

And avatar does not show, see this topic:
    http://www.s5themes.com/forums/topic/avatar-dont-show/

Guido

zanchit
    Participant

have done the avatar thing and my avatar shows up. is there any way of choosing an actual picture? as i have with google/twitter etc?

also, have put the code in that you suggested but am not sure it made any difference…

I did change the text input field colour yesterday and from my end it comes up as pale green. was it white when you tried to input?

ps I did receive your message, thanks!

Guido
    Participant

Hi,

You can change the background colour of course, but the inside padding (left and right) is nicer now.
    Because of the current background colour the navigation is invisible when hoovering over the input field.

You should create your own avatar on Gravatar:
    https://en.gravatar.com/

Guido

zanchit
    Participant

Getting a bit confused now (for a change!).
    From this end, the input fields are #83887b and I think the text colour is #e8ede0. What do i need to do to sort out the invisible navigation? (I’m not sure I understand what that means)
    thanks Guido

Guido
    Participant

The background of the input fields is almost the same color as cursor and navigation arrow.
    So if I where you I should change background color (make it less dark), but you also should change the input color maybe, because it’s almost white right now.

Just an example:
    {background:#f8f8f8; color:#333;}

Guido

zanchit
    Participant

ahhh. Doesn’t happen on my computer – navigation arrow and cursor are black (Mac). Have just looked on my daughter’s Windows laptop and see where you are coming from.
    I’m not sure what i am doing wrong. Can change the colour of the fields of existing messages but has no impact on the actual message input fields.
    Also have tried to change the colour of the text but doesn’t impact.
    custom code that i have for that section: (may be a few doubling up bits here…)

.comment-text {
    background-color: #b4b9ab;
    }
    .message_label { clear:left; 
    }
    #commentform input[type=text], #commentform input[type=email], #commentform input[type=url] {width: 90%; padding:4%; background:#b4b9ab; text:#333;}
    #commentform textarea  {width: 97%; padding:1%; background:#b4b9ab; text:#333;}

just for interest’s sake, does the slider load properly on the homepage for you? When loading it on her computer it took forever to display…

Guido
    Participant

Hmm, I notice visibility of cursor is much better in Chrome and Firefox indeed.
    Maybe changing the background color and the (text) color is not necessary. And padding looks fine now.

Your homepage does load a bit slow but this happens with pages that contain images. Besides this WordPress is not a very fast cms.

Guido

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.