Site5

Menu

Support Forums

Clickable Standard Post Title

Home Forums Shortnotes Clickable Standard Post Title

Tagged: 

This topic contains 40 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  chanyuan 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

bsahin
    Keymaster

Hey try this same code: http://pastie.org/5762688

gbacca

eooo 🙂

Hi, did you find what is the problem?

gbacca

Hi,

just to inform you that I fixed the problem by using this code:

<h2><a title=”Título <?php the_title(); ?>” href=”<?php the_permalink() ?>” rel=”nofollow”>
    <?php the_title(); ?>
    </a></h2>

bsahin
    Keymaster

Hey Please open the lib/post-formats/standart.php and find line 5:

and change this line by:

http://pastie.org/5762688

Thats all.

gbacca

Hi again,

this is just for to tell you that this code works only if the post is not a video. In the case the post has a single video, the title is not converted to a link.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

bsahin
    Keymaster

Hey open the ib/post-formats/video.php and make that changes like standart.php what I have mentioned above.

heyheyman28

Got it to work!  Thanks!

bsahin
    Keymaster

You’re welcome, Glad to success.

Sorry guys but I don’t understand where to find standard.php 🙁

@SCX wrote on 20th december that “standard.php in the theme : \lib\post-formats\standard.php”

But I don’t understand what is theme? I went into editor and there are two files theme-option.php and functions.php but I didn’t find theme anywhere.

Can you guys tell me where to look for it exactly. Rest of the things I can change..

I tried changing <h2> tag in page.php as suggested by @bulent.sahin in that pastebin file but nothing happened. The post titles still didn’t get hyperlinked to their individual posts.

scx

@pallavkaushish : theme is template… this is Shortnotes Theme, just look for \lib\post-formats\standard.php in Shortnotes folder, use notepad++ to edit it… 

@SCX Thanks so much. Actually I was trying to edit it from inside the wordpress where standard.php wasn’t available. After reading your message it struck me that I should look into my folders on my hosting and I got it there.. 🙂

However there is another problem now that post titles are hyperlinked on the individual post pages as well. Can you help me out with that?

sossimo

Ok, I just found out what’s wrong with the codes given above. There should be no space  between < and ? see below

<a href=”<?php the_permalink() ?>” title=”<?php the_title();?>”><?php the_title(‘<h2>’, ‘</h2>’); ?></a>

Also be careful when copying and pasting, the ” sometimes change.

JudithB

When copying the code delete the spaces in front of the questionsmarks, this will show a link. But in my case the link leads to a 404 :-/

rajit197

yups space has to be removed from the question mark

bsahin
    Keymaster

her is the corrected code:

http://dpaste.com/1096530/plain/

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.