Site5

Menu

Support Forums

Blog Page Doesn't Display Posts

Home Forums SimpleCorp Blog Page Doesn't Display Posts

Tagged: 

This topic contains 40 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  pembesarpria 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

LaneLester

I am very pleased with the way this theme looks at my friend’s new site: http://readingforbrightminds.com/

However, the Blog page does not display the posts… nor the header image, for that matter.

I set up separate home and blog pages under Settings / Reading. I also specified Blog as the blog page in the Theme Options.

I tried to switch the permalinks from postname back to default, but that messed the menu up, and I don’t know how to fix it.

I just installed this site on a friend’s GoDaddy hosting account, which has a long host name, not the localhost I have in wp-config.php on my server account.

I sure hope you can suggest a fix, because this theme fits my friend’s requirements very nicely.

Lane

LaneLester

I just installed a fresh WordPress site in a test folder on my own “localhost” hosting account. No extra plugins installed, default permalinks.

The blog page was still broken.

When I came to make this post, I saw that version 2.0 had been released. I installed it, but it didn’t fix the problem.

Lane

Gabi Schiopu
    Keymaster

Do you still use that Settings> Reading setting for the blog page? Did you use it from the very begining ? Because that is not necessary

LaneLester

Thanks for the reply, Gabi! Yes, I used the Settings / Reading for the blog page at the beginning. Since you raised the issue, I just now changed that setting back to “Select” to disable the setting. It had the good effect of now displaying the header image. Regretfully, the blog posts are still not displayed.

The above is true at both sites using SimpleCorp.

Lane

LaneLester

Here’s a bit of the source on the blog page:
    <!– content –>
    <div class=”three-fourth“>

<h1>Blog <span></span></h1>

<article id=”post-94” class=”post-94 page type-page status-publish hentry clearfix” role=”article“>

<div class=”page-body clearfix“>
    </div> <!– end article section –>

</article>

</div>

<div class=”one-fourth last“>
    <aside>

Gabi Schiopu
    Keymaster

Pls post a link so we can see the issue in action.

LaneLester

Here you are:

The original site done for a friend: http://readingforbrightminds.com/

The site set up to test with only default plugins and with default permalinks: http://www.drlanelester.com/lea/

Lane

LaneLester

I just had a thought: Does it matter whether or not the Blog template is used? And if so, should it be used for the Blog page or the individual blog posts or both?

Lane

Gabi Schiopu
    Keymaster

I simply dont know what to say, i tried and tested it on our demo with various settings but all went fine. The posts should just be added standard way, with categories etc… honestly dont know what to say. Can’t say anything more without knowing exactly what is under your Admin. If you activate TwentyEleven theme do you see the posts ok ?

LaneLester

Omigosh! I’m too quick to blame theme developers for strange behavior. With TwentyEleven there are no blog posts at http://readingforbrightminds.com/

Could it be a bug in WP 3.4.2? I’ll google and see if anything turns up.

This is not good, but I’m very glad to learn there’s nothing wrong with your theme. I assume SimpleCorp would not make a change that would be persistent when a different theme is used. I guess the only way to know it to set up another site with TwentyEleven to start and see if the blog posts show up as they should.

Thank you for staying with me on this. The static-front-page-separate-blog-page is a very important function.

Lane

LaneLester

Hold on! I wrote too soon. I’m back to it being a theme problem again.

I decided to check to be sure the blog posts would show up on the home page in the default setting, so I went to Settings / Reading. I discovered there was no page specified for the blog posts! That explains why they weren’t showing up.

So I made the Reading setting correct and checked the Blog page again. The posts were there. I remember now I needed to do that to get the Blog page to display correctly with SimpleCorp… except for the posts not showing up.

I then switched to the SimpleCorp theme, and the posts are not there.

I’ve created an administrator user for you at http://www.drlanelester.com/lea/ , if you want to take a look. un = gschiopu pw = gschiopu I’ll take the site down as soon as testing is over.

Lane

sulla

Did you ever figure this out I am having the exact same problem.

LaneLester

sulla, I wouldn’t wish bad things on anyone, but your having the same problem may mean it’s not something I messed up. Hopefully, someone will come up with  a solution. I only know enough PHP to be dangerous.

Lane

saundhi

Yap. Same prob. with my blog.

Gabi Schiopu
    Keymaster

If you want to have the blog posts default on the homepage you dont need to do any settings in Admin, but just replace/remove home.php file from the theme. Forget about setting up frontpages or blog pages from Admin>Settings.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.