Site5

Menu

Support Forums

Banner plugin

Home Forums Sunrise Banner plugin

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mk5487 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

jayke
    Participant

Hi Guido,

Do you by any chance know of a way to put an item in the spotlight on the homepage of the Sunrise theme (e.g. to display a message like ‘This week Easter action! Bring your friends’)? I was thinking of a banner or something like that (maybe via a plugin?).
    Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

Guido
    Participant

I guess you have already used the default popup message on the homepage for something else?
    (Welcome to SUNRISE PUB! The place you want to be with your friends)

If yes, do you want to duplicate that popup or should it look different?

Guido

jayke
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, Guido.
    I hadn’t realized that the ‘welcome to-message’ can be used as a banner, and now I’ve already used it as a welcome message.

Preferably it should look different, but if that would be a problem, then duplication of the popup should do the trick.

Thanks!

Guido
    Participant

1) Open file header and add this underneath <div class="clear"></div>

<?php if(is_home()) { ?>
    <?php if(of_get_option('promo_text') !='') { ?>
    <div class="slogan block">
    <?php echo of_get_option('promo_text')?>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>
    <?php } ?>
    <div class="clear"></div>

2) Open file homepage (located in folder admin > options) and duplicate the intro code and rename intro promo
    3) Done, now you can add promo text via Theme Options > Homepage and this will be displayed underneath the intro text (welcome to-message).

Guido

jayke
    Participant

Guido, thanks for the info!

Since I’m not very familiar with php: in 2), I have to find this folder via the wp admin, or in the files on my webspace? What is the intro code?

Once this promo installed, how/where will I be able to change its appearance?

Thanks!

Guido
    Participant

Hi,

You cannot access this via the WP dashboard (only files in main theme folder are accessible).
    You need a FTP programm (such as Core ftp le) to download files to your pc, adjust them, and upload them again.

I gave code to dulicate the default welcome message, when you want to change it’s look you should add another class to it.
    Change <div class="slogan block">
    Into for example <div class="promo block">

Open file style and add duplicate the slogan code, rename it promo and make your changes.

Guido

jayke
    Participant

Hi Guido,

I don’t find this file homepage (located in folder admin > options). There is no folder ‘options’ in the ‘admin folder’. What should I do?

Thanks!

Guido
    Participant

Yes there is: click on folder admin and you will notice a folder called options… (we are talking about the Sunrise theme).

Guido

jayke
    Participant

Ok, I found it (I was searching for it in the general wp-admin folder) :-)!

I think I’ve adjusted everything the way you’ve described, but something goes wrong: In the Theme Options I now have the possibility to add promo text (just as you said I would), but no extra message appears underneath the original one on the website. Furthermore, when I change the text in the promo part, the text in the ‘welcome-message’ also changes automatically. Have I forgotten something?

Thanks again for your superb assistance!

Guido
    Participant

Guess you forgot to rename it:
    2) Open file homepage (located in folder admin > options) and duplicate the intro code and rename intro promo

jayke
    Participant

No, I did rename as you described:

$options[] = array( “name” => “Intro Text”,
    “id” => SN.”intro_text”,
    “std” => “<h2>Welcome to SUNRISE PUB!</h2><p>The place you want to be with your friends</p>”,
    “type” => “textarea”);

1) $options[] = array( “name” => “Intro promo”,
    “id” => SN.”intro_text”,
    “std” => “<h2>Welcome to SUNRISE PUB!</h2><p>The place you want to be with your friends</p>”,
    “type” => “textarea”);

2) $options[] = array( “name” => “Intro promo”,
    “id” => SN.”intro_promo”,
    “type” => “textarea”);

I first changed the ‘Intro Text’ to ‘Intro promo’ (1). This didn’t work (and that’s when I contacted you earlier tody). Now I’ve also changed ‘intro_text’ to ‘intro_promo’ (since I’m not familiar with php, I have to experiment 🙂 ) (2), and now I’m able to change the promo text in the Theme Options, but the duplicated ‘banner’ still isn’t visible.

For the rest I’ve only added your code in the file header, renamed the class ‘promo block’, and duplicated the style (and renamed it of course) …

Guido
    Participant

Hi,

1 and 2 are both not correct, you should add promo_text in stead of intro_promo:
    “id” => SN.”promo_text”,

Guido

jayke
    Participant

Thanks Guido, this works perfectly!

How can I change the position of the welcome message (height from the top of the screen), and the space between this message and the new promo message?

mk5487
    Participant

Nordstrom rack louis vuitton bags in New York City, graffiti was first seen in 1960s and it was introduced by teenagers who used it to write their street numbers and names on subway cars. They did this in order to gain popularity and it was referred to as tagging. It spread to other areas such as Philadelphia where words such as “Cornbread” and “Topcat” were common.

No ironing, and nearly no washing. 3. Leather is a breathable fabric and is thus cosy to wear. Yet, you have to make positive you choose the correct design in addition to silhouette which may be suitable plus flattering for your body type. Most of these dresses are often made with clothing like reliable Duchess satin, brocade, jacquard, organic silk as well nordstrom rack louis vuitton bags as lace. Most of these fabrics involve some amount of Logo stretchability which happens to be ideal for helping to make such suits.

I changed seat to learn more about on such basis as going to be the window for more information on make an appointment with what was happening as a resource box was dark on such basis as 19:30 and I was curious. Within thirty minutes Soi seven had changed right through I could make an appointment with a huge variety having to do with ladies and tourists milling about. I wanted to go out and join upon or at least sit nordstrom rack louis vuitton bags in your quiet bar across going nordstrom rack louis vuitton bags to be the way,but take nordstrom rack louis vuitton bags heart I ashamed to learn more about say that I was too scared,and thus I sat decide to put rivetted to educate nordstrom rack louis vuitton bags yourself regarding going to be the Pig a little as though an all in one rabbit in your an all in one hunter beam,

There will be an ash at the foot of the cigar. There are two ways to deal with this. One may simply knock the ash off and relight the cigar where it stopped burning or they may trim the cigar back to the point where fresh tobacco is exposed. And so, via this specific, you can buy the best nordstrom rack louis vuitton bags way abounding mankind as able-bodied when superstars adulation Louis Vuitton handbags in place right until today. The truth is, now, you will discover increased plus added in individuals like Seventies, Early as nordstrom rack louis vuitton bags well as 1990s. Your altered structure and also total capability accomplish any person all be admiring through all of them,

For my very own several son which of you nordstrom rack louis vuitton bags could be the a multi functional college or university undergraduate I gave going to be the Streetwise 3/4 ounce 17% Pepper Spray. nordstrom rack louis vuitton bags It louis vuitton factory outlet tends to be that also well placed allowing an individual an OC formula. This is because rated so that you have two million scoville heat units but will be the case worn providing some one going to be the belt excerpt and a multi function a significant ring nordstrom rack louis vuitton bags

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.