Support Forums

Albert Almora Jr. on clash in left center: 'The wall always wins'

Home Forums CLBRT Albert Almora Jr. on clash in left center: 'The wall always wins'

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  hamiltonone 4 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Albert Almora Jr lost the battle with the wall in left center field Tuesday night, but he might have gained a victory by not breaking a collarbone.“The wall always wins, but I’m happy,” Almora said as his right shoulder was wrapped in ice as the result of colliding with the wall while trying to cut off a double by Paul DeJong in the fifth inning of the Chicago Cubs’ 8-7 loss to the Cardinals.Almora said he was in “excruciating pain” as trainer PJ Mainville poked around his shoulder but assured him the shoulder was not out of place Almora walked slowly off the field and was “definitely scared” that he might have suffered a serious injury, but he said his shoulder starting feeling better after he learned that X-rays were negative.“I tried to cut if off before it hit the wall,” Almora said. “I went to slide and noticed I wasn’t going to get to it. When I looked up, the wall was right on me. There was no slowing down. Luckily nothing is broken. Luckily nothing is damaged. It’s all good.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.