A set-up guide and general information to help you get the most out of your new theme.
This document covers the installation, set up, and use of this theme and provides answers and solutions to common problems and issues – we encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Theme Demo: http://demo.s5themes.com/?theme=prosume
Theme Page: http://www.s5themes.com/theme/prosume
Set-up guide and general information.
- Getting Started & Help Videos
- Theme Features
- Custom Menus
- Theme Options
- Custom Widgets
- Custom Page Templates
1. Getting Started
To install this theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. For information in regard to installing the WordPress platform, please see the WordPress Codex – http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
When you are ready to install a theme, you must first upload the theme files and then activate the theme itself. The theme files can be uploaded in two ways:
- FTP Upload: Using your FTP program, upload the non-zipped theme folder into the /wp-content/themes/ folder on your server.
- WordPress Upload: Navigate to Appearance > Add New Themes > Upload. Go to browse, and select the zipped theme folder. Hit “Install Now” and the theme will be uploaded and installed.
Once the theme is uploaded, you need to activate it. Go to Appearance > Themes and activate your chosen theme.
You can get help these special help videos and with this videos you can setup your website easily and instantly:
2. Theme Features
The theme comes with an built-in function to replace the default WordPress login logo. To replace the default login logo, replace admin-login-logo.png with your chosen image in the themes /images/ folder. Upload the new image to your server via FTP and the new logo will become visible on the WordPress login screen.
The theme comes with tons of features that you can control easily via our user-friendly theme admin panel. You can find these features below
- Widget ready ( sidebar )
- Easy to setup, Theme Options Page
- Custom Logo and Favicon supported
- Typography; Google Web Fonts supported
- Built-in Contact form, options and email validation
- Built-in Pagination
- Built-in Twitter Widget
- Simple SEO
- Footer message supported
- Stats code supported
3. Custom Menus
You can use custom menu with the theme also create custom menus for use within the custom menu widget.
To setup your custom menus, navigate to Appearance > Menus.
Give your menu a name and build it up using the available widgets. You can add a variety of items including pages, categories, and custom links. To extend the available widgets, click the screen options tab at the very top of the screen and configure your options. Once you have built your menu, save it, and use it within a custom menu widget Appearance > Widgets
4. Theme Options
The theme comes with an easy-to-use administration panel. You can access it by navigating to Prosume> Theme Options. The theme options are conveniently spread over a number of tabs and each tab contains the options that pertain to a particular area of the theme.
- Custom Logo: You can change default logo here. If you leave blank default logo will appear as logo. Also you can set a text as logo.
- Text As Logo: You can set a text as logo. (If you leave blank logo option text will appear as logo)
- Tagline: You can use your website description as a tagline. If you check this tagline will be displayed bellow the header.
- Custom Favicon: You can change default favicon here. If you leave blank favicon will appear as favicon.
If you enter your own Google Font provided the fields Google Font Link and Font-Family, the fonts will be replaced with the custom one.
4.3 Color Settings
You can set all blog color at this section.
Here you can fill all your contact information that you want to be displayed on the contact page. Also, you can embed a Google Map in the given textarea.
By filling those fields, you’ll enable the latest twitter tweets displayed on the left side of the website’s widget area.
This section is made to help you with a few SEO settings. If you have a dedicated plugin for SEO, those settings will become ineffective.
The content filled in this textarea with Site5’s credits will be displayed on the website’s footer.
This textarea is reserved for code offered by third parties (Google Analytics) that will help you track traffic on your website.
5. Custom Widget
The theme comes with a custom widget that can be used to configure how your site displays content – they can be found under Appearance > Widgets.
- Custom Twitter Widget: This widget allows you to configure and display your latest Twitter tweets.
6. Custom Page Templates
The theme comes with a number of in built custom page templates. These templates can be used on individual pages to alter the display or functionality.
- Fullwidth Template: The theme comes packed with a simple fullwidth page template. To use the form, simply create a page and use the “Fullwidth” page template.
- Contact Page Template: The theme comes packed with a simple contact form. To use the form, simply create a page and use the “Contact” page template. The form will automatically insert below any page content. The form includes jQuery validation to enhance user experience and the recipient email can be configured from the theme options.
- Portfolio With Sidebar: The theme comes packed with a portfolio with sidebar custom page template. You can select this custom page template for displaying your portfolio items.
- Portfolio Wide: The theme comes packed with a portfolio fullwidth custom page template. You can select this custom page template for displaying your portfolio items.
The theme comes with +100 shortcodes and shortcodes panel. You can add, edit, delete any shortcodes to any content. You will see the “Custom Shortcodes” panel at the right top side, when adding, editing any post or page.